Tuesday, October 10, 2006

World's End's Garden

"As a boy who dreams of an ideal, as a teen who wants to have both the ideal and the reality, and as an adult who accepts the impossibility of the ideal and compromises with reality."

I got this quote from wikipedia. Somehow it sums up how I feel about life nowadays, especially now I have more time to think about it as I'm at home whiling my time away doing precious nothing, but loving every minute I waste as it means I'm not spending it doing some other random nonsense in the "Organisation".
Today I had to go to St Nick's to pick my sister up from her school. As I turned out of my estate, I immediately met with a traffic jam. As I crawled my way through the traffic, I couldn't help but feel that driving is like life. We're always in transit, having to get to one place from the other, always in a hurry to get there before it's too late, and we curse when we're in jams where we can't get to where we want soon.
Maybe I'm in a phase in life which mirrors a traffic jam. Right now, as I'm on leave, I'm more or less in a limbo avenue, where I crawl through the minutes with not much to do, but unlike the impatient driver who honks at the cars in front of him, I'm quite content to just turn up the volume of the radio, lean back and just release the footbrake once in a while to inch forward. For now at least, because when it's time to go full throttle, away I'll go.

No comments: