Monday, December 03, 2007

We were soldiers

Ok this must be the longest I have been away from blogging ever. Been darn busy, what with work and play, and also never found the motivation to blog about an eventful november. But here is the concise version of events.
The month of november had nick's birthday, which he celebrated party style in the common room of our hall, then went up to nottingham for the notts games, played football for UCL as their lone (loan) signing. Was freezing up there due to the crazy winds, played football with gloves for the first time. Met up with many of the 86 friends there as well. The next weekend I was the facilitator for the temasek forum, held at my school. Facilitated a session, which was good apart from the fact that I felt we spent too much time debating about 377A. On the same day England failed to qualify for Euro 2008, I was in a DBS talk listening to the CEO, but the main draw was the free food after that. Went up to Cambridge to visit my fencing captain with yq, we didn't get on the first bus as it was full, when we finally got there we walked around and admired the quaintness of the place, but it was cold as well due to the winds again. Somehow we ended up meeting all the former SO2 people, and had dinner together. This weekend, had dinner with my uncle and auntie and 3 other cousins at their place. Enjoyed the home cooked food goodness, and got driven back to hall from canary wharf by cousin in his 2 man convertible. Cool.
I guess this is the time to take stock of all that has happened so far. It's been a blast so far, but I think I need to study harder and make good use of the time during the weekdays so that I can play all I want on the weekends. But everything that has happened so far has convinced me that I've made the right decision to come here.
We were soldiers. Indeed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.