Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Boulevard of Broken Umbrellas

I haven't really been blogging here at all, can't seem to get the motivation to do so. But I think I should, otherwise they'll no record of what I have been doing.
School restarted last week, and I had my mid sessional exams which I bombed big time. Handed up a one page criminal law essay. Not that I didn't expect it, as I took a very unbothered attitude to the papers. At the end of the week, we went for a nice dinner at four seasons Chinatown and went back to alec's and bernice's place for a spot of mahjong and revelry. They even did an impromptu birthday celebration, which I named the cupcake conspiracy.
The next day went to Bath. Got up real early again (0500h) to take a 0630 train from Paddington to Bath. Spent a nice day there, it was nice and sunny although a bit cold and windy (the best type of weather you can get now I guess), the baths were interesting and we went before the tourists came en masse, drank a glass of bath water there, tasted like public swimming pool water after someone had peed into it, checked the quaint town and the very brown river. Also visited twerton park, which is only of interest to Fabian. Also had a nice afternoon tea at the Sally Lunn's house, and of course the company was very good as well. And the good day became even better when I came back and read that Man Utd had thumped hapless newcastle 6-0, giving me 6 early birthday presents.
At 0000 on Monday morning, my room was invaded by my hallmates with a cake without candles (they couldn't find a lighter haha) and they sang happy birthday at my door which prompted a complaint about the noise level. And that was how I spent my 22nd birthday. I received a XL boys Man Utd jersey as a present.
And I am now 22 years old. Frankly, it sounds scary. 21 was when you became a fully fledged adult, but 22 just feels like you have really stepped into the real adult world, no longer having the carte blanche to play anymore. Plus I'm surrounded with many people who are much younger than me, so perhaps I feel it more. Like adrian said, soon we'll be making every effort to forget our birthdays. And another friend said, you grow older before you grow any more mature. Which is kind of true.
Spent my birthday going to school, lessons proper this time, before having a nice dinner and having a barcardi breezer (4% only) as I wanted to feel "young" by drinking an alcoholic beverage that only 17 year old kids starting to discover alcohol would drink.
This term will be yet another crazy one, and I haven't really figured out my easter or summer plans. Must settle these quickly.
Thanks to all those who wished me happy birthday! Of all the presents I got, I like the one I got one month ago the best!

No comments: