Monday, August 15, 2005

Now, we each go our separate ways

Well, ed's flying off on the 22nd, mog disrupted for medicine some time ago, don is in Australia earning his wings, most of us are stuck in the quagmire of NS.
Today, en route to air force school for the wet winching briefing, we stopped by MMI to drop Raymond off first. Somehow, as I stared at the hallowed halls of NUS through my wrecked up MID vehicle, those all too familiar pangs of jealousy and envy came over me. I'm sure if I took a walk around the premises I would have seen plenty of my former schoolmates. It's the same feeling I get everytime my dad drops Bertram off at RI, I stare longingly at the pearly gates of RJ until the car speeds off and whisks me to the comparatively duller sembawang air base medical centre.
Mog said some of the people in medicine now are according to him, have yet to grow out of their JC times. My take on this is that, let's take an example from the jan 2005 batch of NSFs. Assuming that this person was from Hawk in BMT, then Delta in OCS and after that disrupting for medicine, he is therefore unlikely to meet those from the spectrum of society, hence their view of society would be less "realistic" as they have yet to see both sides of the coin. Thus, possibly therein lies an explanation for their behaviour.
I think it's high time to stop moping. I think I got back my old fighting spirit to do the best I can. I want to try to go for the medical spec course, be eligible to drive on the open roads by jan next year, and once that is done take up another course to improve myself. I want to also aim to enter Cambridge law. I want to recapture my writing ability again. I want to be the best. I want to fufil my potential. I don't want to rot my 2 years away. I want to make good use of these 2 years.
I guess it's no use moaning about my situation. Loads of other NSF are worse off, so I should take every chance to improve myself. All in all, I don't want to lose out to others who have worse schedules than me and yet still manage to do things.
No use dredging up the past. I shall go forward to that brighter future.

No comments: