Thursday, May 25, 2006

Someone to bleed with on this lovely day..

They used to say that, if you had nothing good to say, just shut up and keep quiet. For my case, it's more of if you can't think of anything interesting to write about, don't blog. Or it could be just a nice way of saying I'm lazy. Or it could just mean I'm no longer the ZY who had an opinion about everything and anything. In short I have become an apathetic person who just goes with the flow.
And yet another side effect of army is seen.
Reading Jin's blog reminds me about those long lost JC times. Times where I was foolhardy and enthusiatic about anything. While I was waiting to pick my sis up from her school, I stood outside the school gates and observed the students going about their activities, once again I feel so old. Like some castaway from a forgotten era, a mere dustspot in history.
But yet, the feeling was not as bad as it was. As my sis came out and I gripped the steering wheel of the car, I realised that perhaps finally I can let go of that longing to return to school and move forward into my future.
After a long and ardous journey filled with many disappointments, I finally got my driver's license. And when I heard the magic words "you passed" I just felt a great sense of relief and happiness come over me. Relief as I finally managed to pass, happiness as my hard work had finally seen fruition.
Also I'm now a level 2 paramedic as my course had ended last week.
Now that these two are out of the way, it's time to move on to more achievements in my life. 5 months to ORD, this is the time to plan for my post ORD life.

On another sidenote, I do realise I have been thinking less about relationships. Maybe it's due to the lack of targets, or the fact I have piled myself up with distractors that prevent me from wallowing in loneliness or what nots, it seems that a calm has come over my emotional being. Maybe i'm just getting ready to be hurt again :)

No comments: