Monday, July 10, 2006

And it was all over

Needless to say my last month has been consumed by the FIFA world cup. Been trying to catch the matches played late at nights or early in the morning and still getting up to drga myself to camp to work. I'm actually amazed I managed to get through this world cup period without any major meltdowns. Can you imagine? All my 3 bosses are not rabid football fans and don't give two hoots about the world cup.
Still, I managed to survive, and there are great memories to take away from this world cup. The absolute genius of the 24 pass goal by Argentina and their subsequent demolition job of Serbia and Montenagro, the hush that went around my living room when the red card was produced for Wayne Rooney, the dismay I felt by the very unjust penalty for Italy against Australia, the surprise I got when the Brazilians were dumped out of the cup, and finally the experience of taking today off to watch the final in kenneth's house, and the sickening feeling of seeing zidane red carded.
One month of madness is over. Football is really the opiate for the masses. I cannot even begin to comprehend the scale of its reach. It is truly the global game.
Once again, all hail the Beautiful Game.

No comments: