Saturday, February 09, 2008

Festive wet blanket

Ok I'm super sleep deprived, after sleeping at 4am the previous night, I should just lie on the bed and conk out, but I'm now waiting for my hair to dry (shit I sound like a girl) for it gets very uncomfortable if I sleep with wet hair. Thus, am here trying pen down some coherent thoughts.
CNY was ok I guess, somehow I didn't really want to get into the festive mood as there was a load of work undone on my part, but nevertheless the potluck dinner we had on wed night was fun, the subsequent late night wasn't, but yeah it brought a little cheer to my life. There really isn't any mood to celebrate when you have a lot of work and doing so makes you lose your momentum. Thankfully, next week is reading week, but there's the shadow of 4 essays to be done over me, so there's a lot of work to be put in as well.
Well, we're reaching the business end of the season soon, where trophies are won or lost, and exam results are achieved. Work is sometimes a real blur to me, and I get very frustrated sometimes that I am now exerting enough control over the direction of my life. But I have confidence in my abilities, and that people are counting on me and believing in me, this is the time to come to the fore.
It's already almost 5 months in London already! Time really flies. It's about 3 months to my final exams then it's back to sunny Singapore for summer. Like I tell my friends, I feel like I'm fighting the clock to see and do more before it's too late. To do so, I must manage my time better. As someone once told me, there is no such thing as not enough time, it just means you're not managing your time properly. And that is what I have to do.
Ok I think my hair is dry already and I really cannot take it anymore. And I profess to blog more.

No comments: