Monday, June 06, 2005

Plenty of time for you to rest when you're dead

I did some really machamic stuff yesterday. My nose ran like a tap without a facet, and despite the fact I was most definately sick, I still decided to go watch madagascar. Add that to the fact that I took little lunch, and a piriton after that, I had to endure the show having a mild case of gastric. And when I got home, it became a full blown case of fever. And still, despite my body temperature being 38 degrees, I still resisted the temptation to sleep as I wanted to enjoy my last few hours of book out. I laid in bed for a full 15 minutes, then tried to do stuff again. But my eyes seared, my nose was clogged to the max and my head was burning so much that I quickly polished off dinner and took 2 panadol and prayed I'll be fine to still do stuff at night. My butt. My mum comes in with a very last minute announcement that she's moving my bro's comp into the study to accomodate the new wine cellar so i have to clear the cupboard of important computer stuff, but I was in no shape to do so. And also I had to walk down to wheelock coffee bean to pass sally the econs notes she lent me the last time. I had no choice but to do that as I have been trying to return her the stuff for about 5 months and this was a rare window of opportunity.
In short, once I got home, I was in limbo. To stay awake and do stuff, and endure the pain, or just surrender and go and sleep and forsake all the things that have to be done? In the end I succumbed to the murderous slumber, and woke up at 2330 feeling better. I just sluggishly packed some stuff to bring to camp tmr, and finding my way to my comp impeded by my brothers who slept there to prevent catching anything from me, went back to sleep.
Next morning, was awakened at 6. Temperature had gone down, nose cleared, eyes no longer burned, but I felt physically weak all over. Another limbo. To report sick or not? I was hoping to go to a polyclinic and get a MC, but in the end I just forsook the rest and dragged myself to camp.
And well, I survived today. Did dispensing in the morning, downtime so i had to wade through the doctors' very illegible handwriting (they put me to shame) and many many different drug names, but I got the hang of it soon enough. Had lunch late, then stayed in the sickbay for about 3 hours (read locked the sickbay door and slept) looking after a patient. Then had to endure an excruitating 2 hours before last parade at 1830, very late.
Otherwise, it was a mixed weekend. Lunch with singyong kengpiang cheryl, and blew 10 bucks in mahjong thanks to a za hu. Was too anxious and saw wrongly. Watched star wars. Played badminton and basketball with my family on sunday, woke up at 6 on that day. In retrospect, I think one of the contributing factors to the fact I fell ill could be due to the fact I slept little and havent been exercising much, thus my body was more vulnerable to pathogens.
So here I am, in camp, no PSP as I didnt put any episodes of FMA into it so no point bringing, GSD 33 not watched means I can't venture into the forums without encountering a chockful of spoliers, and a lot requests from people unfufilled. Hopefully I'll get a night off on wed and I can go home and settle stuff.
Trying to think of something introspective to end this entry, but can't really think of one. Maybe that's a good sign that I'm stepping out of the shadows to embrace the frivilousness of life instead of looking for the greater thing I can't seem to find. And know what? I kind of like it that way. :)

No comments: