Friday, April 18, 2008

Academic renaissance

Ok I have been hearing about people getting weird dreams, which is probably due to the stress of studying so much, and I have joined this exclusive club. On Wednesday, while poring over my criminal notes, I fell asleep on my bed.
I can vaguely remember it as suddenly I felt the bed shake. I thought, shit it's an earthquake. So I got up and bizarrely tried to input my password into my laptop so that I can take it along with me. But somehow I couldn't really do it, as it was shaking too much, but I finally managed to do it. Then next thing I can remember was my room felt like the house in Wizard of Oz which was being carried away by a twister. I saw a shoe rack outside my window filled with shoes then I thought the shoes will drop out of the rack, and thus I opened my window to retrieve them. But in my haste, I dropped a few shoes, so I got exasperated and somehow got the room to land and got out to retrieve the fallen shoes. Bizarre I tell you.

Earthquake
To dream of an earthquake, suggests that you are experiencing a major "shake-up" that is threatening your stability and foundation. The dream highlights you insecurity, fears and sense of helplessness. If you find cover from the quake, you will overcome these challenges. If you become trapped or injured during the quake, you will suffer loss of your business and assets.

Hmm ok.. I guess the "shake up" refers to exams. Anyway, as a result of that, I got up at 12 midnight, decided it was futile to study anymore, and went to sleep. Slept for 12 hours, thus was super alert the next day and did quite a lot of studying. Was helped by the fact I got from Sam Utada Hikaru's Heart Station, the tunes in the album was very upbeat and unless I concentrate very hard I can get the lyrics, so the level of distraction is lower.
Getting scared shitless already. Exams are coming so fast and I haven't really remembered everything. Small consolation is that somehow topics I knew nuts about in the past when I study them now I can understand them.
Filling up my summer schedule. Hopefully it'll be a fruitful and interesting summer.
Can't wait for exams to be over, and thus herald the start of 4 months of relaxation.

No comments: