Sunday, April 13, 2008

The world stopped for the endless poem

What I owe this blog is a long entry, and it shall get one.
USA trip was fun, memorable as the company was crazy, the trip really was very memorable because of andrew and his many quips, what with his helicopters, cider, strip clubs, sarah marshall, phallic symbols, 21 and other nonsense. Not to make fun of andrew of course, but yah the trip wouldn't be half as fun if you weren't along to make us laugh or dumbstruck.
Boston was really cold, and boring as most of the students went back home and it was easter weekend. New York was more fun of course, but I felt that the place lacked a bit of soul, and a lot of the attractions were very man made and artificial. But I must admit there was a sort of vibe that ran through the city, and being the city boy I took to the place well. Shopping at the outlet was madness, I just grabbed and went, as a result spent a lot of money. But it was good stuff, but yeah despite the increase in wardrobe items I haven't been going out much as there is a small matter of exams to study for.
And that's what I have been doing ever since I got back. Trying to cram 1 year's worth of work into 4 weeks is no joke, and I have found it hard going so far. Hopefully I can pick up the pace and at least do decently well. Have taken to taking up residence in the various libraries in London to study, to escape all the distractions.
Oh for those who actually care, I'm returning to Singapore on the 21st of June. My exams end early May, then it's off to Copenhagen and Italy.
Can't wait to go home. Lately I have had more time for introspection, and I have to come to realise that although I like to wander off and see new stuff, there's still no place like home to just kick back and relax with your family.
What I would love is to have steamboat with my family on the deck on a cold night. Or just durians in the kitchen.
And I will get that photo taken when I go back.
Just 2 and a half more months to go.
But first, just 13 more days to go.

No comments: