Monday, April 21, 2008

ZY v Exams

Ok, not the most imaginative title I must admit, but yeah law is taking over my life as it is. Going crazy as the seasons reaches the business end of it. Exams in 2 weeks, and although I think I understand the concepts involved, but I have yet to commit them to memory, which renders the understanding part moot. Oh well, I desperately need to get some momentum going but EU law is boring as hell and I don't feel like to tackling it at all. Need to bite the bullet.
They never do things the easy way right? Having said that friedel was god like on sat. This sets up 3 tantalising matches in a row, bacra chelski barca. Worth taking time off studying to watch.
Today's hall dinner was the worst experience I had. Firstly, the (newly upgraded) lift was out of service, so I had to walk down 9 floors to get to the dining area. Then as it was the weekend, like cookhouse the food was crappy, and the server was the usual weekend lady who is very sullen and surly. And because it's a weekend, the more decent options tend to run out very quickly, so you have to go down early to ensure you don't end up with the lousy food. I chose the most unoffensive option, and went to get my cutlery, and lo and behold, there were only metal knives left. I knew it was pointless to ask for more cutlery, as the washer will take some time to clean it anyway, thus just grabbed 2 knives and ate my pork with potatoes, and drank my luxury hot chocolate from a paper cup. My hallmate was worst off, as he had to eat the same thing with 2 plastic knives. The reason for the paucity of cutlery is due to the fact that the residents (not me) keep on koping the cups and cutlery, until the point the cookhouse has to ration. But it's ridiculous really, but yeah since I'm moving out in another 2 months I really can't be bothered. They better fix the lift though, as AO puts it, if he wants to go down now he has to think properly before going down otherwise he'll be cursing all the way up again.
And AO looks like a real lion these few days. I bet his encik will get a heart attack if he goes back for ICT like that.
There's a homecoming party for RJC-ians (sic) class of 2004 to 2007. Firstly, please use the term Rafflesians not RJC-ians, it just sounds wrong. And reading the facebook event, I doubt any batch of 2004 would go. It'll just be a reminder of how old we are and how far we have gone from RJC already.
It's quite scary to hear how far ahead my female peers are already, while I'm still a 1st year student. I just feel a bit distant from them now, especially since we have followed radically different paths ever since we left RJ. Nevertheless, those I'm closer to I'm still in contact with, and it's always nice to talk to them as they have been there done that in terms of uni and give good advice.
Just can't wait for the exams to be over, and then will finally be able to go home to sunny and rainy Singapore. Until then, really have to concentrate to do well.
On a happier note, 5 more days! :)
Held: Needs to study more. Much much more.

No comments: