Friday, December 26, 2003

The time of the year...

Another festive season was upon us. And it came and went. Like the rest of them.
Spent christmas eve watching ROTK, felt it was TTT was better as ROTK in my opinion had uneven pacing, there was no real climax, but the final parts when gollum and frodo were fighting over the ring was magnificent. ANd yah, woke up at 0830 hours, much to my dismay, as the show starts at 9. The circumstances in which this happened was very much laughable, to the point I was laughing ironically, much to my dad's ire as he had to send me to junction 8 anyway. There, I still had to wait for esther who was later than me, and we entered the show 15 minutes late, only to be greeted with a scene of a snowflake landing on a reindeer. Which led me to question the people behind me if we had entered brother bear instead of ROTK, but I was mistaken, and as we took our seats the movie promptly started. Thank the advertisors for wanting to gain more exposure by putting more ads on this popular movie. (Shelob was not scary at all, yet my jacket arm got the full brunt of it)
After that, spent some time hogging the class booth at xmas fun until crystal told me (kindly) to stop hogging it. Then went to blast a bit of TC3, before finally meeting up with the new J1s for lunch, listening to them talk crap.
Relaxed at home for a while, before going for the usual xmas eve dinner.
Christmas day. Woke up at 11, jolly. Went over to mama's house for the usual xmas fare of mee siam. Delicious as usual, although my appetite wasn't really on form. Opened presents, got only a $25 borders book card and some money. As you grow older the presents you get become lesser and smaller, not that I would complain. Call it part of the maturing process.
Went to great world city with neil to play TC2, loss to him by 2 credits and at least 90000 points. Crap. Didn't help that the gun I was using had a jammed trigger. Went back and slept, the late nights are doing me in.
Sighz, last night the xmas lights were beckoning me as I looked at them from my window, causing me to have a profound sense of loneliness in this world.
I remember Christmas at the old grange road, where the tree was really taller, my grandparents in better health, presents aplenty for all those small children and we would pester the adults to let us open the presnts as soon as possible. Now, the little one has grown up, the old tree has been discarded in favour of one shorter than me, presents have become smaller and lesser exponentially, and I have grown to tire of xmas.
Maybe, just maybe, there's some more left in this weary soul of mine...

No comments: