Sunday, May 15, 2005

Losing my touch

The one great thing that makes me sad is that army has reduced me into a person whose mental reflexes are as slow as molasses on a cold day. The theory that once you put on the helmet you can't think straight has some echo of truth to it, it seems.
Many things have happened. Confirmation has come in, I'm going to be posted to sembawang air base medical centre, in addition to normal medical centre duties I'll also have to do search and rescue exercises. People tell me it's a good place to go. Personally I'm just glad not to be under the green uniform umbrella anymore.
Bought a PSP. Ok I admit I may have made an over hasty purchase, but I'm rather satisfied with it and my parents bankrolled the set itself so it isn't that bad. Like I told my mum the 455 she forks out now will go a long way to healing my tormented, game console-less childhood.
Anime overload, bleach is nice but ominously enough it seems to parallel tokyo underground, a horrible series that I had the misfortune to watch. Just got FMA from adrian, still continuing on with gundam seed destiny, playing games such as KOTOR2, will get pirates from adrian next week.
And about phillip yeo's remark that guys are a whiny lot. I say, really once must consider why we complain. If you are constantly punished for the sins of others, frustrated by the idiocy of some of the army's regulations, and the fact that rank means right, you do wonder why we complain so much. Just 5 months in the army and I feel like half the person I was in school. Frighteningly enough I lost all interest in reading newspapers, even when I book out.
Seriously I wonder how I'll go and handle uni if i don't make a conscious attempt to arrest the rot. I refuse to let the army degenerate my brain.
Just bear with it for 1 more week Graham, surely you can do that. I want to be the master of my own destiny. I don't want some annoymous data pusher to randomly throw me to some place.
I want to be in the place where I'll that I can thrive there.

No comments: