Wednesday, June 07, 2006

The 5 stages of grief

This thought came to me when I watched the first episode of the season 2 of House, but I never got down to writing it on paper. But recently I have been constantly reminded about it due to my very big and irritating arrow.
Anyway, don't you think getting a new arrow is much like the 5 stages of grief? For the uninitiated, the 5 stages of grief is some pseudo psychology model as to how most people deal with grief, like in the cases of terminal illness or sudden death of loved ones. The 5 stages are as of below with an example, courtesy of wikipedia.

1. Denial and isolation: "This is not happening to me."
2. Anger: "How dare you do this to me?!" (either referring to a god, the late person, or themselves)
3. Bargaining: "Just let me live to see my son graduate."
4. Depression: "I can't bear to face going through this, putting my family through this."
5. Acceptance: "I'm ready, I don't want to struggle anymore."

Well to place it into the NSF receiving an arrow context...

1. Denial and isolation: "Wah lau eh, why I kena?"
2. Anger: "How can like that, always arrow me?! &*^$&%!" (of course never in front of the person who gave you the arrow)
3. Bargaining: "Encik I do this for you can get 1 day off or not?"
4. Depression: "Wah lau sian la, everyday do this kind of shit. Waste my time only..."
5. Acceptance: "Haiyah, what to do. Army what, lan lan suck thumb loh."

Comments?

No comments: