Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Reel Life

I just realised that in 2006, after watching Pirates 2 in late June, the only other movie I went to watch was Flyboys, which was at the behest of dear Brandon. ("Humor the pilot." He said.) I think there was a distinct lack of must-see movies last year.
Anyway, I think most people know that 2007 is going to be a blockbuster year for movies, many of them are sequels or highly anticipated due to their source material, be it comic adaptions or what nots. Also those who know me well I loathe to spend $9.50 watching a crappy movie, but here are some movies I know I'll be in a cinema to watch.
The following list was chosen from wikipedia under the catergory 2007 films so I hope the collective wisdom of all internet users are accurate.

1) GOAL! 2: Definately one to catch with the guys. That means Adrian, yes you are coming too. Don't make us drag you.
2) Harry Potter 5: What can I say, I'm a fan and I like this book for its descent to darkness.
3) Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End: Well you can't really argue with blockbusters. Besides the second one was the best summer 2006 movie I watched, and I want to know what happens at the end of the trilogy.
4) Spider-Man 3: I liked the black costume, I like Venom, I liked the cartoons and comics and I liked the first 2 movies. To me, this is a must see. Only problem is to jostle with everyone else wanting to watch it.
5) Ninja Turtles: I think people can see a pattern already here. Nevertheless, this movie may suck but I would think it's a way to regain my lost childhood.
6) Transformers: This is it. This is the one I have been waiting for. I have suffered enough ridicule for my weird interests, and with this I'll have my vindication. Now to find someone who would watch it with me on opening night with me gushing and giving a running commentary.

No comments: