Saturday, January 20, 2007

Sleight of hand

Welcome to the Grand Slam Weekend. Liverpool Vs Chelsea, Arsenal Vs Manchester United. This promises to be a great weekend for football fans. Let's hope the action lives up to the hype.
Started on my japanese lessons this week, so far so good, realise that watching too much anime can be bad because they actually mangle the words as they speak too fast so I have probably been picking up the wrong things. Went to the National Stadium on wednesday night to watch Singapore Vs Indonesia with junseng murugan and fabian. We bought grandstand tickets as it was about to rain, a cedar girl was the ticket seller, and I was rather surprised as I always had the impression that ticket sellers were normally grouchy old men. It was a rather thrilling match, due to Singapore's inability to hold on to a lead and willingness to just sit back and soak up the pressure. The attendance increased from the 5000 people who watched the Laos match to about 13000, see what 11 goals in a game can do. My boss also called me halfway through the match to give me new assignments, so I tried my best to listen to him over the roar of the crowd. Another interesting sight was that of a portly caucasian man wearing a Singapore jersey with the words "ANG MOH 10" printed behind. Nice sense of humor.
Worked on Monday and Friday, was given a nice surprise on Thursday, although I had to travel all the way to Boon Lay to get it. Thanks to you people, you know who you are.
Till next time then.

No comments: