Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Shag can't think

Further proof that I should keep my mouth shut when my mind is addled. Last friday, after another hard day at work, the 3 of us (my male boss and another female colleague) allowed the students to leave the venue first before we started to pack up and leave ourselves as well. It was a trying an emotional day and I was feeling very drained mentally. In addition, I didn't really take a fancy to the canteen food so I had only a little bit of lunch, thus I was also very glucose deprived.
As we were packing up, we started to talk cock amongst ourselves, especially in reference to what happened in the day's programme. We finally got all our stuff together and was about to leave. I carried the heavy stuff like the laptop out of the archaic AV theatre, while my female colleague went to turn off the lights. As the school was a very rundown one, with ageing facilities, pressing the switches resulted in a blue flash of electricity to crackle around it, shocking her but thankfully not literally. She gave a surprised gasp and backed away. My boss, who was behind her, checked to see if she was alright.
"Woah, be careful there." He said
And as if someone else was speaking using my lips and my voice, I heard myself saying, or at least it's my voice, but it would seem my mouth was being controlled by another being. "Don't worry, I know CPR!" And it came out crystal clear in my voice, with a tinge of playfulness in it.
Silence for a full second, before my boss deadpanned, "I don't think that was the point."
Moral of the story: Shag can't think

No comments: