Monday, March 12, 2007

Cause celebre

No work for the next 4 days till friday as it is the school holidays. Am savouring the break, but reminding myself to make good use of it. Things have really piled up and there are a lot of stuff that require my attention.
Was a bit apprehensive about going to work on sat, as it was all the way in the west at an ungodly hour. Good thing I managed to secure the car, otherwise the journey will be very intolerable, especially since I slept precious little the night before thanks to the adrenaline and testoterone 300 worked up in me. But in the end it was rather fun to be there training, the students were the most obedient and receptive bunch I've gotten, probably because they're the incoming captains and student councillors. But as they were undergoing a boot camp of sorts, they were pretty militant in their style, as evidenced when one girl said "All pens on the right hand side of table tip pointing forward, water bottles under table on the right side as well". I thought this would kill their spotaneity, but after a slow start they came good.
Went for barney's birthday party about an hour early as I came from work. Just talked cock with the 4D people, met a long lost pri school friend who happened to be barny's friend as well. Been seeing my old pri school classmates lately, on friday one of the sales promoter at the IT fair was my good friend in pri school. Ended up buying a laptop from him when I went back on sunday.
Yet again I'm unwilling to turn in for bed. Don't know why I always display such self destructive tendencies. Maybe I love the night a bit too much. After all, in the quiet of the night, the only voice you hear is yours and yours only.

No comments: