Saturday, March 10, 2007

Joie de vivre

For the benefit of those who don't know, for the past 3 days I have been reliefing in my old secondary school. It's fun to go back to my old stomping with an elevated status, but the education business is no joke and there are many quirky things that occur. These include sec 1s asking me weird but yet logical questions that are very hard to give a proper answer to, sec 1s asking me to explain a concept he found out on the net which I have never heard before in my life, sec 3s claiming to prefer route-learning, the very fun relief teacher gang who come together to talk cock or visit each other at our cubicles to have lunch together, the laptop and all the benefits that come from it, the students calling me "Sir", meeting my old teachers, like my old chinese teacher whose first words were to make fun of my hopeless mandarin, bestriding those nostalgic hallowed halls of education from my past. And in the space of 3 days, I was almost late thanks to champions league football, only came in right on time for assembly, witnessed a car breakdown and almost lost my voice.
Was out with nick, fab and don for the IT fair after relief today, went to scout around for laptops, but was rather tired and irritable so wasn't really able to concentrate. Also am frustrated by the great variety of choices which decision making a real headache. And also, **** that cock sony ps3 promoter, didn't give me a brochure when I asked for it, even though he clearly had some more if he had bothered to ask his colleague. In the end, I got one from the counter less than 10 paces away. And when I went to get it, the cockster came over to where I got the brochure to talk cock to his colleague. Wanker. Was damn pissed.
Went to watch 300 with the guys. It was the ultimate manly movie, with only 1 prominent female in the show, and the sight of tanned sculpted bodies with ads of steel on screen more than half the time. The gore was sometimes unnecessary and off-putting, but overall it was nice, and it inspired the manliness in us.
During dinner, mog was making random manly jokes and punctuating his sentences with stuff like "that's not what a true Spartan will do", and as usual we started to talk lots of random cock.
I just realised it's these simple times, sitting at carl's jr eating and cracking silly jokes that I'll really miss when I go over. As the clock slowly but surely ticks down to the day of my eventual and inevitable departure, I find myself wanting to savour and cherish every moment of happiness. Sometimes I get bogged down by work that I forget that I should allow myself to enjoy life now as I'll get lesser chances to do so in the next few years.
Sorry for being a bit pensive, not that I'm sian or anything, just a little tired and that's when my mind goes all zonky. But I know for sure that I'll miss genuine good company whom I know will cover my back, shield and spear ready against the trials of the big bad world.

No comments: