Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The Mascaron Drive

Another one of my late night rambling again.
Teaching is fun, but definitely don't see it as a potential career for me. I think the novelty of teaching wears off after 2 days, and I got 2.5 weeks more of it to go through. Not to say I don't like it, but it's rather stressful to prepare for lessons and get sent around in circles by the incessant and weird questions the sec1s can come up with. Challenging and somewhat amusing if you ask me.
Also, it allows me a look on the "other" side in my old school. I got a kick out of sitting by the side on the chairs during assembly today. Was speaking to my old chinese teacher today, she was lamenting that the chinese standard is quite bad nowadays, so much so my standard of mandarin which is quite condemned is considered quite good! Things have really changed much when I was in sec school, the facade, the subjects taught, the teachers etc. I don't really remember being like my students when I was their age though, and I'm like only a few years older than them! No wonder my chinese teacher said it's getting harder to connect to students nowadays.
On a home side, finally set up the home network system. So I'm actually blogging using my new laptop in my room. No more fighting over between us 4 siblings on who gets to use the only internet enabled computer in the study room.
Played basketball on saturday with a pathetic 4 people. Good thing I warmed up and cooled down thus I didn't get any aches or muscle strains.
There's still a whole tonne of stuff that require my attention, all listed very compulsively in my blue notebook, all waiting to be struck off with some satisfaction. It's probably the late night syndrome again, as I feel this compelling need to speak to someone. Oh well, one way to deal with that is to just sleep it off, which is what I'm going to do now.

No comments: