Saturday, March 24, 2007

At the very least, the night did not forsake me

It's a sat night, and I'm here blogging in front of the laptop. The outing to don's house for england against israel was cancelled due to the poor attendance. So it's just me, the laptop, the thunder and lightning outside the small window and the radio on 100.3 with smooth jazz music to keep me company for tonight.
Watched TMNT on friday, and yes it isn't the best movie by far, but like I always say, watching it is a celebration of the fact that you have a childhood. Loved the way they managed to combine the grittiness of the comic with the slapstick humor of the cartoon. There were some killer lines in the movie that prompted many guffaws from the audience.
Today I went for a combined birthday party of 3 of my JC classmates, held in SMU students' lounge. It was fun and nice, had 3 groups of people to talk to, fencers, 4D and 3E. Was the one of the earliest to arrive and latest to leave, thanks to the fact I live about 15 mins walk away. Spent a nice afternoon there, talking cock with good friends.
So much weird stuff in my life. 1 of my friends is going for a matchmaking session next week. I thought he was kidding, but turns out he was deadly serious. Met my old econs tutor on the train home and she claimed I was very "naughty" during my JC times. I spend quite a bit of time gossiping with my former chinese teacher in the staff lounge. And my Japanese teacher thinks that I practically live in Suntec as her favourite question for the monday class is "what did you do yesterday?" in Japanese and I have been answering for the last few weeks either "travel fair" or "IT fair". Interestingly my Japanese class has been reduced to only 2 guys in it, 1 of them which is me. And it's going to be further reduced as the other guy is going to enlist soon.
I'm practically falling asleep on my chair. At the end of the day, when it's dark and quiet, I'm glad for the fact that the night will never forsake me. I know it'll always be there for me even during the darkest of times. I think I'll heed my body's insistence for rest soon. Sleep is the best balm for any kind of emotional malady, that I've long realised.

No comments: