Sunday, April 01, 2007

Birth by Sleep

It's been some week for me. Week 2 of relief teaching brought more headaches and a very bad throat. Started feeling very lousy during monday's japanese class, and the general feeling of being ill continued throughout the week. Queasy stomach, running nose and the works. Still am not feeling totally 100%, but have been irrigating myself with water and vitamin C for the last few days so I think I'm on the road to recovery.
It's nigh impossible to get my students to hand up homework. Somehow perversely I like marking so I make them hand up their work, and half the class doesn't. I give up. No point collecting if only less the class hands in. However, sometimes their answers make me laugh out loud. Like this student's suggestion on how to control the burgeoning rabbit population in Australia was to bomb the burrows. Very ACME. Also, started this idea of giving sweets to those who do well in my class. Those sweets are actually left over from CNY when only a few guests came to my place. It's akin to feeding sealions pieces of fish when they perform their tricks, in my opinion. And for their last lesson last week, there were supposed to view onion cells in the bio lab. Sec 1s and fragile lab equipment really don't go well. I leave the lab for 1 min to get the lab tech and someone breaks a bottle of iodine solution.
Actually had more to say, but Blogger ate my post. Argh. Oh well, shall leave that for another day.

No comments: