Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Such effortless elan

Was a funny day. Woke up at 2 to watch the champions league semi-final, prior to that couldn't get to sleep at all. Felt all sorts of emotions throughout the match, elation, despair, hope then euphoria. Man Utd never do it the easy way, hence the rollercoaster ride of emotions. Now to finish the job in italy.
Went to sleep thereafter, but the adrenaline kept me up for a while longer than I liked. Then smsed my boss whether I had to report for an assignment at 11 am, just for the heck f it. Was quite sure it was cancelled as no email was sent about it, but it was still on. Dragged my sleep deprived body up and got ready in double quick time to get to the office to share the cab to the school.
Done with one, had to cross the island to get to the second one, at least I was prepared for this one. Afraid of being late, I took a cab instead of trying my luck with the buses, and as it turned out I was earlier than my colleague.
By this time the lack of sleep was catching with me, so I was running on adrenaline only. Endured the 3 hours, before catching an extremely slow 16 home.
For those who have the time, go watch the blind date videos on STOMP. I only watched the ones with the youngest couple in it, as the girl was pretty for a 19 year old (shallow reason I know) and found her easy going personality the way she gamely took the unfamiliar task of fine dining quite appealing (the less shallow reason). It's quite interesting as you can see and feel the dynamics of their relationship unfolding. Unskilled labourers like myself can learn a thing or too from the videos as well.
The lack of sleep is catching up with him, so this is the time I start typing nonsense. But I guess it's ok since only a few people know about this blog and even so many have stopped patronising this place. And seriously hope none of my colleagues or my bosses patronise this place, to my colleagues if you're reading this now, hi, I love all of you, to my bosses, err hi, don't sack me as I don't think I have brought the company into disrepute.
This blog officially celebrated its 4th birthday 18 days ago. Seems a long way to come, 500 posts plus plus, and I still find the time, energy and reason to post here. When I read my older posts now, I practically shudder and wonder why was I so blinkered and angsty in the past. Some things I fretted a lot about really seem insignificant now. The benefit of hindsight at its best.
So the dwindling or now non-existent readership doesn't really bother me. Like I said before, this is just some small corner of the cyberworld just for me, a place to tell it as it is, albeit in a less rabid and more lucid manner nowadays. No more self-righteous rants about me against the world.
Am meeting up with an old friend this weekend, and I teased her by telling her not to be late, as she had a reputation back in school for being late. She replied back, and I could feel the indignance in her MSN reply, "I've changed".
Which is true. Not only my friend, we all have changed. I've seen great changes in my peers, some so drastic that the old image I had of them in school no longer fits. I myself too have changed (I like to think so), so I constantly remind myself to give others a chance to change for the better as well too.
Why do we change? I know I strived to change as many a good friend pointed out some personality flaws, and I accepted their criticism, and worked to improve in those areas. And for once, I felt a need to follow through with the change.
I don't wish to give a reason on behalf for other people, so I shall just leave their motivation to change open for debate. But the fact remains that there is obvious and discernible change in life. And on a very unrelated note, one friend moaned that he has been the "case study" for a typical single guy until he is sick of it already. Also please don't go playing near canals, drive carefully for all and the evening lightning storm around my home area shorted out a 4 way junction's traffic lights, leaving me to turn right very cautiously while sending my grandparents home.
Ok I think I've rambled on too long again. I think I shall leave you guys with a very interesting thing I heard while matching the Man Utd vs AC Milan match, as spoken by the commentator while he was talking about the milan experienced and ageing defensive duo of Nesta and Maldini. The way he said it, it was like he wrote it down somewhere prior to the match and was itching to say it as soon as the match started.
"What they (Maldini and Nesta) don't know about defending, isn't worth knowing."

No comments: