Sunday, October 14, 2007

Life goes easy on me, most of the time

Ok at fabian's behest I shall update on my happenings in London.
The second week of uni was quite uneventful, apart from the fact that the full timetable came into play that week. There were a few days of horrible weather as well. I really dread the horrible weather, as it means it'll get super cold, my shoes and clothes will get wet, and I have cross the bridge in a force 1 gale at times.
Had lunch at Bayswater, at the famous Four Seasons restaurant. Strangely enough, I didn't really subscribe to the hype. But it was nice to eat chinese food again. Afterwards we went to portobello market, again for me, before rushing back for dinner.
Sunday went with AO and ZH to the Natural History Museum. Saw loads of replica dinosaur bones and other interesting stuff, like the cross section of a redwood tree and an earthquake simulation area. After that, I left them to continue exploring by myself. I went to Imperial, which was a more cosy feeling campus with nice buildings made out of coloured glass. It also has the tree with crimson leaves, which can be seen in one of my earlier posts. I also went to Baden Powell's house, which was actually more of an inn and activity centre, but it has a small area dedicated to the man who started the scouting movement. After which, I dropped by Harrods before taking the Tube back. The stuff there was really nice, but the prices can make your jaw drop. A Versace T-shirt costs 100 pounds. Madness.
Monday I had a meet my personal tutor session. She was a very nice lady, who provided us with sandwiches and pizza. I scoffed a lot of them as I haven't had my dinner. She even poured the wine for all of us, to which I felt very embarrassed. I guess that's the culture there. I'm also not used to calling my tutors by their first name.
The rest of the week was mostly studying, trying desperately to complete my tutorial questions in time for the tutorial. And I'm back to my bad habit of sleeping late again. I guess once your body adjusts to the area, you start to require less sleep. When I first came here, I would feel sleepy at 8pm already, but now I can last till 2am and wake up in time for breakfast. But this isn't very healthy.
Went window shopping along London's main shopping artery on friday. The selection there is really great and nice, but the prices are steep. There are many labels that can't be found in Singapore, and the Topman they had there was huge. And they offer 15% discount for students in certain shops. I bought a polo t for 4.25 pounds after discount in Burton, which is the brother shop of Dorothy Perkins. Only downer was that I was lugging my criminal law textbook with me at the same time, thus my back ached constantly.
Went to a park today, Regent's park. Saw loads of birds, the swans there if the walked on the ground, they can reach up to my waist. Was thinking of how nice would the duck taste if it was roasted.
Interesting thing is was, AO and ZH agreed that, whilst we were at the Natural History Museum, if the dinosaurs were still alive now, the Chinese would find a way to cook and eat them.
Ok I think all those nights sleeping late is coming back to haunt me as I'm feeling darn sleepy now. Shall update again soon.

No comments: