Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Rejection of Reality

Just let me get through this crazy week where I have 2 essays due this friday and loads of tutorials to cover. Just let me get through to friday and I'll be fine, I promise.
Somehow I have become a big brother of sorts! I didn't come to London to babysit people, but I guess I don't mind helping people, but again I'm mindful of not taking on other people's problems and treating them as my own.
I think I'm still hanging on. I loathe to admit it, but the 6 week downer period seems to be getting to me. And I don't see a good reason why it should. It's just work that placing a lot of pressure on me, and even that is highly debatable given the very languid and dismissive way I treat my work. But then I did get an "essay high" after smoking out a 1500 words essay last night. Never written so much unacademic crap before. Now only left 1 more essay.
While I was having my Japanese lesson, for the first time I actually learned something new and not just revision, I allowed my mind to wander back to my class I had back home.
To miss, to dwell, to worry, to pine for, all these are weaknesses in my eyes. I made my decision to come here, thus I'll stand by it. I chose to leave home, to leave all that is familiar and safe, to achieve this reboot of my life. And I have to admit, the reboot is going along swimmingly.
So why do I feel this malaise? This emotional and mental inertia? Apart from the obvious fact that I'm still human, and feeling all these emotions is highly normal, just that I should suppress them and start to get work done.
Anyway, like I said, there's reading week to look forward to. I aim to make good use of it, be it relaxing or studying. For now, let's stop this rejection of reality, and get back to work. And sleep more as well.

No comments: