Sunday, October 21, 2007

Repudiate

For the last week, I went to a party organised by my college's Singapore Society, with my classmates and some of my hallmates. It wasn't very fun in my opinion, for the club didn't allow re-entries for some strange reason, the dancefloor which was in the basement was very hot, the drinks were expensive and they served tequila shots in plastic cups, the music sucked big time for they kept on playing techno, and even for a club it was too darn dark. But I had an ok amount of fun, so that's ok for me. Won't go clubbing in London anymore again. Too troublesome plus I don't think I'll have as much fun as I would in Singapore.
Work is piling up. I have 2 essays due on the coming friday and I have no idea how to do them. At least after is the reading week, would love a breather.
I have window shopping along Oxford St, which is the equivalent of Orchard Rd back in Singapore. Bought a polo tee and long sleeved shirt in Burton, the male section of Dorothy Perkins, for 13SGD and 25.50SGD respectively. They give 15% discounts for students, even the items in the bargain bin. Good stuff. The selection of clothes is great here, but all are invariably very expensive. Only brought back a free bag as the result of my adventures last fri.
Watched the rugby final in a pub. Had to squeeze myself into a small corner in a very uncomfortable position. The atmosphere was good, but it would probably be better if England had won. Oh well, I prefer football anyway. Saw the tail end of Man Utd owning Villa in the pub before the game.
I decided that there are a lot of things I want to do in Singapore when I return. I want to K, I want to club and drink with my friends, I want to be able to have a proper lunch of warm food not cold sandwiches, I want to drive a car, I want to be able to take afternoon snacks without great detriment to my wallet etc. This is not to say that I'm finding it tough here, it's more like I know now that I have only 3 months in Singapore when I go back, so I want to make good use of the 3 months to do all that as I know the other 9 months I'll be back here, watching musicals, football matches, eating cold sandwiches etc.
And as I expected, leaving has made me more appreciative of that little island called Home.

No comments: