Thursday, June 10, 2004

Really laughable

This website takes the cake

You know, I really wonder who people can be so blind in the name of religion. Oh well, their highly blinkered opinions really make me laugh. How do they equate harry potter to witchcraft and all the bad stuff in the world is really mind boggling. It's a good thing I have never met any extremist idiots in my life or I'll make it my personal mission to humilate them by announcing their sayings to the whole world. Excrept:

The Whole Harry Potter movies, and books are pure evil. These movies are teaching witchcraft. Witchcraft is for people who follow The Devil. These movies are nothing, but evil. I dont care if the movie is good, and has lots of action. God hates this movie. My Ratings: [Extremely Offensive/1½]
--Micah, age 14

Gee, they do get them young nowadays.
And I remember an argument in GP class, about why science cannot replace religiona s it does not tell us what moral standards to have. Invalid in my view, as most people who never had a religion are not moraless people. I just don't do things to people that I wouldn't want them to do on me. If they play hardball, I play it back.
Now excuse me as I guffaw at the idiotic responses...

At least, a voice of reason...

As for the whole occult thing, I honestly just don't get it. Do you really think our children are so stupid that they can't distinguish fantasy from reality? My brother was OBSESSED with Superman when he was young but he didn't grow up and jump off tall buildings wearing a red cape. Honestly, the books and movies are just fantasy. My kids have shown absolutely no interest whatsoever in becoming Wicca or practicing the occult. And don't tell me that you never escaped to your own fantasy world when you were a kid. My Ratings: [Better than Average/5]
--Wuchen Li, age 35

No comments: