Friday, June 18, 2004

Resolutions are made to be broken when the right temptation comes along

Been away from here for quite some time already... Little excitement nowadays, thanks to the pressures of the looming CTs and A's.
Last monday, went to andrew road to watch the jolin mini-concert. Andrew road is damm long, i just have to say that. Found out how cheapsakte fliming can be, they actually flim the clapping first so they can add in the clapping later. Anyway jolin looks better in real life than on paper, and she was quite good-natured, bantering with the audience, even when they cut the song halfway she was doing a humorous wrecked player sound.
Last friday went back to RI for AC, went to bishan earlier intending to play time crisis, found out they got rid of the arcade at j8. Bought some tidbits for Owl, then went to RI, played football, what started out as a purely 01 game became a emasse of ex-RIPB and anyone that wanted to play. In the end I had to get out early, as I was bushed. The stupid vending machine ate my $, then went and walked around the campsite, tried to influence judges, sat in the sec 4 meeting, and when night fell we just walked around the campsite, talking the usual cock stuff, then finally announcing the inter patrol results for 2003, and we adjourned to the interchange macs for dinner at 10. As usual, the centre of attention for the ribbing, got home around 11 after a fun time just talking Guys TM cock.
Saturday was a bit hard mugging, as the plan was hatched to go to don's house to watch euro. Ate dinner at home, crab, before leaving the house at 8 to go for OG outing. Got lost 3 times, and thus got ribbed by serene. Just chatted a bit, we wandered around the esplanade, marina square area, until it was 10 and I left to go to don's house. Along the way I read the econs TYS, and met edwin and fabian there at the interchange, bought a meal of macs as I strangely found myself hungry, crammed on to the bus, argued over shoe leather cost with ed and fab, trooped over to don's house, not before waiting for murugan. Reaching there, we settled down to watch greece vs portugal. Ed put $5 on portugal, and after 6 mins his investment was gone and kenneth had a fun time GLing him throughout the whole match, what with his crotch thrusts and what nots.
The hilarious part was halfway through the first half, the 9 of us were engrossed on the match, then don who was sitting behind me, said, "zy, dont move, there's a cockroach behind you." I turned around, and sure enough there was one. Kenneth grew nervous and confessed he was scared of cockroaches and koped a magazine to defend himself. Don tried to grab it by the feelers and toss it away, but it ran away, and that's where all chaos broke out. Fabian and ed were standing on top of a couch, murugan and albert was hiding don't know where. Jim and don chased the cockroach around the room trying to slay it, kenneth was shouting at the cockroach, pong and I were laughing, till my sides hurt badly. It was simply too hilarious watching 9 guys, all scouts, who have braved greater dangers, and got scared by a kachua. Oh well, it was a good laugh, and in the end the not hum jim slayed the cockroach.
Ed los this money in the end, and we palyed mahjong before the next match, which ended up no one winning any match due to a lot of comedy, like me spoiling the game for the heck of it, and jim mistaking a 1 bamboo for an animal.
Watched the first half of the spain vs russia match, the lack of sleep was getting to us by then and don was muttering nonsense and everyone was spitting saliva over baraja. Half time we trooped out to the pertrol station to buy some stuff to eat, met up with a biker gang which fabian and kenneth attempted to provoke, back I played a bit of splinter cell before the time was 0530h I went to sleep in don's guest room. Slept for 3 hours, had to leave then, but not before making a return trip to grab my cd, which made me lose the rest and subsequently getting on the wrong bus. But get home I did, and slept a bit and went for dinner at tony roma's with the family. And yes, watched zidane's smash and grab, or should I say england's shooting themselves in the foot twice.
Tuesday and wednesday was faction camp, had to drag myself there, was attempting to wake up and get there by 8, and no one was there. Jolly. Helped with the dwelling game, was a station master, then had a med meeting, which comprised of 5 people. Lunch came and went, ended up in LT 3 hearing min li, kahli, hanyan talking cock about personality tests and tv shows... after that was the floorball contest, in truth I was bored to death, shiming came back from his parenting workshop dead beat, went to bathe in preparation for the night game, tied gazillion water bombs, ended up getting wet and shrinkled and threatened with being bombed from every corner. At about 11 I curled up on a chair and slept, before being awakened at 1230 to get ready for the game, I was supposed to roam around and catch people, but a lot of them, especially the arts fac people were extremely uncooperative. Anyways hon lyn and I were having fun time grabbing people for fun, by wrting "you are being kidnapped. keep quiet and follow me." on our phones and showing the potential captive. The finale was wet and a bit hard to go down, got one in the kisser, had to change my pants, and it all ended and I koped a pillow from the council room and slept in the J1 room. Next morning was a bit groggy, ate a bit of breakfast, helped out with the powder and the toothpaste game, was appalled by the methods the J1s have the guts to use to pass the toothpaste, using their noses etc.
For the final game, I was at the torture chamber, where hockboon was really having a go, I was more cavalier. In the end they got the corny all must unite together, and with 1 unite cheer we concluded. Bushwhacked, I packed my stuff, then got waylaid in the canteen by al, talked to her for a while, before I dragged myself home with sally's chem notes.
Been mugging hard for the last 2 days, trying to make up for lost time, tommorrow is the chem class, somehow completed the holiday exercise... 1 more week, let's get it started in here...

No comments: