Thursday, November 11, 2004

He didn't mumble enough

And that's my verdict.
First of all, happy deepavali, especially to my hindu friends, like mogilan and murugan, it sure sucks to have one of your major festivals during the A levels. What a waste of a public holiday.
The maid has gone home for 6 weeks for a good rest. That means 6 weeks of hoping my brothers who have taken over the household chores don't destroy my uniform, eating lunch outside and cleaning up the house and after ourselves. Oh well, it's a good thing for them as I do think they need to take some responsibility in this household.
Biotech is dreary. I somehow found myself stuck at the yoghurt production section for about 3? hours as I went about doing anything but study.
Some thoughts inspired from television. Product placements (cough*7-11 big gulp*cough) are a tad too obvious don't you think so? I really doubt they were actually filled.
And is it me or the show was filled with more commercials than anything? Lousy Mediacock, did you guys seriously think for a minute that you can fool the audience? It felt more like a half hour show, and we had to sit through countless advertisements.
He really didn't mumble enough. The last judge's comments were quite correct. That's not how you sing a jay chou song. You sing it until no one gets what you're singing. Next time try stuffing a bun into your mouth and sing. You'll get the desired effect.
Having said that he's smart as now all the teenage girls who swoon over jay chou, like his characteristic dark brooding and cool image would associate it with him and will definitely garner enough votes.
How to score points: Wish people happy deepavali and selamat hari raya.
I think the government would cancel the show next week due to its gratuitous use of dialects. This flies in the face of government policy! It is unacceptable! It will lead to moral degradation! The very pillars of our prosperous society are being threatened! Our word is gospel so listen to us only! (End sarcasm)
And actually I don't mind if it's cancelled. It'll be one up the a** for Mediacock. Anyway, I like to remind the whole of Singapore, even before mediacock decided to bring in this concept, on 2/8/03, we were the first in Singapore to this concept to Singapore. It was a night of glitz and glamour, and quote from the corny script I can't remember who wrote (I think it was nick) and delivered by ed, "In this pair of disco pants that I am wearing, I can feel static electricity charging up from the stage." It was the night of 01 Idols, and yes we 01 Raffles Scout Group were the first in Singapore to bring you the idol concept. Illegally of course but who gets hung up by such technicalities. Makes you sick right Mediacock? We were there first, and how.
Oh, and may I remind all those with short memories, the one who won, the one who was introduced as "what do you get when you mix mud, water and a little singing talent?", the one who got a flower from 2 guides, the one who mesmerised the female part of the crowd, the one who said "I hoped touched the lives of everyone here. And I hope to always be your bridge, over troubled water!", was ME! Muhahahaha! (End ego trip moment but I really won. I have the video to prove it.)
Lastly, I don't think ren wo ao you can be considered as a idol drama. It's not frivolous enough. I mean, someone actually died! Anyways, watching this episode made me realise that jeanette aw is a good actress. The various close ups of her as she bit her lip fighting back the tears made me just want to reach out and place a reassuring hand on her shoulder and say to her, "Don't cry anymore. Everything will be alright. You can count one me, I'll be by your side for you."
I guess that's an extension of my personality. "Saviour streak", that's what psychologists call it. Or maybe it's all these years being the "da ge". I know some that read this and would snort but at least I know where I'm heading. Simple and naive maybe, someone so nice gets tricked and corrupted in this cynical world far too easily. But hey, some ideals are nice to have, and I guess maybe it's my own defence mechanism, the wool I pull over my own eyes to make me believe in the niceness of this world and save me from being jaded. Whatever the case, I just aspire to be someone whose eulogy that wouldn't sound faked or forced, but sincere.
Ok enough rambling, back to studying....
Now where did I put those food biotech notes...

No comments: