Friday, November 19, 2004

He doth bestride this narrow world like a colosuss

You know, the part where I said it'll be over soon?
I lied.
It's a crazy wait. Somehow time is doing its darnest to make me feel as macham as possible. Like mum says, for some papers, you're just ready, straining at the leash to do it and be done with it.
In any case, I'm grateful to a weekend off to whack econs and biotech, especially biotech, which bores me to tears. Special mention goes to medical biotech, quite possibly the most irritating topic I ever studied.
Just some thoughts I would like to share:
1) I think, once again, it is a sad reflection of our society when I walk into the Orchard MRT Popular to look at comics, what grabs my attention instead are the assesement books piled higher than me (no mean feat), a mere 1 month into the holidays. I don't know about you, but really I think any child would rather play than do assesment books. I just find it profoundly sad that we have degenerated to such a society.
2) Having said that, I think this is the best time to be a student. With all the new initiatives, no more "one size fits all" policies, emphasis shifted away from the mugging part, this is a good sign for future students. Still, I can't help feel cheated, hence my cryptic comment to my sister, who is now in primary 5 and is currently on a field trip to australia, "have fun for the lost generation."
3) Once again, I repeat myself. Singaporeans do not know how to vote as they usually expect walkovers.
4) About the bio o level question that was messed up, here's an interesting related story. I heard someone complaining about it over the radio, claiming the question was wrong, so i went online to check with a RI friend. He proceeded to explain to me why the graph was NOT wrong, and gave his answwer according to the incorrect graph. As it turned out, we know the question was wrong. Anyway, my point is that I sort of expected this to happen. Some damm smart guy/girl would try to think out of the world and answer it in the best way they can, when the question is actually wrong.
Just bear with it a bit more. After 22nd I'll probably be pseudo-celebrating already.

No comments: