Friday, December 08, 2006

Moving On

Well this is my second last night in the old house. Won't be able to blog tomorrow as I'll dismantle the computer and ship it over the new house come tomorrow afternoon.
I feel excited yet unsure over this new change in my life. I was rather reluctant to leave, but slowly I realised that we as a family have outgrown this place already. It's time to move on to a better future. Also, these few days have been a blur of packing, moving stuff to the new house, cleaning the new house, being the handyman about the new house (installing shower curtains, fixing the air conditioner controllers etc.) that I'll be glad for sat to come and end so I can get my life back! Haven't gone out since I came back from Thailand save for that trek to Punggol park where I begged adrian to send me home as it was already 2 am and I didn't want to take a cab.
On a side note, I was tasked to do some form of ice breakers for teens/young adults aged 20 to 23, mostly uni students. I had like 30 mins to think about it, and frankly I couldn't think of anything good to do, save for the alliteration names. (eg. Zany Zhao Yang) But a flash of inspiration came to me, so when I was asked to conduct the ice breakers, I asked them to come up with an alliteration for their names and tell us what was their favourite youtube video. And hey, it worked! It was a bit of a hail mary pass, but I was pleasantly surprised. We started discussing about all the funny videos (like the japanese toilet pranks) Will definitely use this idea again.
Christmas is coming again. I guess because I have regained my freedom, things don't look so bleak for me (no xmas/new year/cny duties!) as they did last year. I always maintained that christmas is the most miserable time of the year as those who are alone will feel it more acutely than on normal occasions. But hey, I'm riding a wave of optimism for my future, so I guess it'll mute those bothersome feelings. Will be looking forward to Christmas this year, as it is an opportunity to pick up much needed $$. If there's one thing I miss it is a regular income for doing particularly nothing.
Hoping to meet up with people soon, especially with the Guys, once adrian and nick return from their respective trips and I finish moving house. My hands are itching for more mahjong as well. Fabian if you're reading this are you done with the thailand photos?
There are many things I want to do, and I feel pumped to do them. Full steam ahead!

No comments: