Wednesday, December 27, 2006

No Shaking Throne

Rain, again. My roof leaks, at the same two places, again.
It's been a rather balmy Christmas period. Christmas was as usual, a visit to my Grandma's place for lunch and dinner and banter among relatives. After lunch my parents disappeared to buy new furniture for the new house, I disappeared to Taka for a spot of Christmas shopping, albeit belatedly.
Boxing day the heavens poured forth, but I braved the rain with my sis and mum to go for another round of Christmas shopping. I would just follow them to their destination, then tell them I'll be going to the men's section and hide there till they call me on the phone to come back and look for them.
A few observations include that these sales are really tempting, which can really cause you buy the stuff you don't need. Picked up a few stuff that I felt my wardrobe was lacking, then spent the rest of the day salvaging my room, reading Bleach 25 which was boring compared to 24 (bought 25 as a Christmas present to Adrian for always borrowing his manga), and watching Reading hold chelski and Man Utd beat Wigan to go 4 points clear. Cashley cole, I love you.
Today was supposed to report to the office, but the boss was not feeling well so he cancelled the session. Thus spent the day lazing away, reading, watching the bleach episodes I have backlogged, wondering why the internet was so lagged and playing the ps2.
Something has been bugging me for a while. On 933 radio station there's a segment which is a radio play, basically "A typical Singaporean schoolgirl's diary". There was once I was listening to a segment, and when it ended the writer of the programme came on and asked for input from the listeners. Basically she asked a very interesting question, which was "How do you know when you like somebody?" Responses included, from my memory, so may not be very accurate, "you get jealous when you see the person with another guy/girl", "when you're with the person you're unable to think properly, when you're not with the person you think of him/her for no rhyme or reason", "you feel happy because he/she feels happy, you feel sad because he/she feels sad."
Just to put things into perspective, the show is geared towards the younger listeners, maybe 12-18 year olds, so most of the responses I guess would come from them. Somehow, when I listened to those responses, I can't help but chuckle. Those were very cliched responses, but I guess they're still the most likely indicators. Still I wonder, does experiencing all those feelings mean you like the person in question? I believe that it's something far far more complicated than I can comprehend at the moment.
Anyway, my immediate answer to the question when it was raised was "When you start feeling the great need to act like an idiot in front of that person, yup that means you're a goner."

No comments: