Monday, December 25, 2006

There's nothing either good or bad, but thinking it makes it so

Nope, it's not that I suddenly became very interested in the bard's works, but this quote was from the Final Fantasy Versus XIII trailer, which by the way, was pure coolness. Makes me want it a lot, and I have yet to finish FFXII for that matter.
It was a more restful week, as I didn't have to report to the office at all for the whole week. Spent it mostly trying to prevent my room from flooding due to the crazy storm on tues, had dinner with friends and watched Flyboys with the flyboy brandon who had returned from Australia. The movie was surprisingly good, but riddled with cliches and fabian and I had a fun time guessing which character will die next and predicting what happens next in the movie. Spent the whole night out though, and watched chelski undeservingly win at wigan.
Along the way I felt a bit down due to some events, but I realised I let myself feel down, and not that the event itself making me feel down. It took me a day to straighten out my thoughts, so I guess I feel better now.
It's early Christmas morning. I think I have to get up early later in the morning as I have to ferry some stuff to my grandmother's house for the lunch we normally have during Christmas. We would have very nice mee siam and open presents, but I doubt I'll be doing any opening this year as I think most people would prefer to give money nowadays, not that I mind.
The movie Love Actually just finished showing on Channel 5. I must say it's one of my favourite yet hated movies. I remember showing it as part of a med fac event back in J2, and the sight of the many twosomes in the school hall was something that stuck in my mind. In any case, I like the show as well it's good and funny and heartwarming, but bad as it never fails to remind me that Christmas is the most miserable time for those who are single, but only if you let yourself feel that way. I'm not letting myself feel that way though, as I slept through christmas eve anyway.
Here's wishing everyone happy holidays, next week will be the post-christmas sales and work for me. Thanks to all those who gave me cards or presents, really appreciate it. Have a good time everyone!

No comments: