Thursday, August 16, 2007

Daunting

So much for Singapore's much vaunted nightlife. The 3 of us went around boat quay to cannery and couldn't find a half decent place which met our needs. They weren't very high in the first place, we were just looking for a place which 1) was non-smoking 2) not too noisy 3) had the "right" crowd (interpret that in your own way). In the end we ended up in a zouk for older people type of place, where we had a few drinks before heading off to TCC to sit down and talk cock till 3am.
We discussed a lot of stuff, but I can't remember all in detail. The stuff that stuck in my mind was, one, one of my friends told me a story that he got on well with a girl he just met, but when they arranged to meet she stood him up at the last minute, and as a result he struck off all chances with her, saying that if she already agreed to meet him, she should honour it and not cancel last minute.
The other friend said you have no choice but to move up the priority ladder, after all they just got to know each other recently only. My 2 cents worth is that you just have the moral high ground, don't concede it.
I think the thing that I felt was very poignant was my friend telling me when you should tell a girl you like her. It boils down to the phrase, "What are you up to?". When she says this, or something of the like, it's time to tell her.
This is related to what we were discussing, as we agreed more or less, that at the start, it's important to not invest everything, as you do not know it'll reap the benefits. I believe that, one shouldn't become frustrated or stressed out about it, or change yourself radically. It is just too tiring to do so and one should take care of yourself, as no one else will.
We sure have come a long way.

No comments: