Sunday, August 26, 2007

Ebb and flow

It's just one of those I don't really want to blog weeks again. Things slowed down to a crawl the last week, what with the singapore uni students starting school, and the overseas people busy with their own preparations, didn't spend a lot of time out. Spent the week waiting for my accoms letter to come, which up to now hasn't, got fed up, called the accoms office line, which was engaged for about 9 tries, on my 10th try it finally got through only to be 7th in line to be answered. The waiting took about half an hour, before I finally spoke to the officer who told me my hall. And thus, I'll be in the same hall as Nick and ongbak. 3 musketeers indeed.
Last fri was the king's gathering, I missed the bus stop for national library and came late, quite pissed with myself. Listened, networked with some of my course mates, one of them was a girl who was from the same JC as I was and was in the choir, thus she knew my brother, and taught at my sister's school for a while this year so she knows my sister as well. It's one of those oh-singapore-is-very-small moments.
Had dinner at manhattan fish market at andrew's request later, after which was rush hour 3. Then, 3 of us went to have some drinks at balcony. I kind of regret having that gin tonic, it killed my system totally, leaving me zombified for the next day, which was the legal forum.
I skipped the morning portion as I was shagged out, got driven to supreme court as it was pouring. Met BK there, listened to the moot court, some parts could have been in Greek for all I know, such was the lack of my knowledge. And BK didn't help, he would turn to me and go "Oh yah that's why blah blah blah" which I knew nuts about what he was talking about. But it was informative, shall work towards to be able to moot as confidently as Al was.
My grandfather's birthday was at night, was very glad to be able to see all my relatives before I leave. They gave me some advice, and before we set off my family took a family photograph, which has become my wallpaper already.
When the week finally came, I continued my random meet ups/farewells with friends who don't fall under any groups, in between just nua-ing at home and doing not much. I have a beef with the bank I opened an account with, they were so efficient that they made me wait for a damn short while only!
Friday was in army market with Nick, bought loads of ziploc bags between the 2 of us. 1 good habit I picked up from the army. The auntie from the shop I usually buy from asked us whether we were enlisting soon, we didn't hesitate to correct her and tell her we're on the other end of the spectrum.
Mahjong at nick's place followed, with many cries of "abandon ship!" and "oh you mean we're playing 2 points to win not 3?" and exaggerated actions of pulling out guns and pointing them at the other person's temple. In the end, as we were playing for dinner, Adrian being the big loser of 7 bucks paid about 30 bucks (so he claims) worth of food at chomp chomp, which we devoured quickly as we were all famished.
VCD night at adrian's place turned out to be rather funny, thanks to andrew's powerful driving and jokes about wombats hanging from monkey bars. 4 of us played mahjong while 3 of them watched before sunrise, played a bit of citadel (which i must admit is fun) and after supper we watched protege before I conked out.
Ok, 2 weeks left now. 2 weeks left to do what I want to do before I head off.
I've decided that, if I ever face any difficulty next time, give me some time to kaobeh about it, but once the steam has been let off, remind me that the problem still exists and I still have to deal with it. Complaining and griping about the problem won't help it one bit, but at least you let off the steam, thus allowing you the presence of mind to handle it properly.
In other words, just whack.

No comments: