Sunday, August 05, 2007

Poisonous substances

What do Corrinne May songs and Love Actually the movie have in common? They are poisonous. Not poisonous in the traditional sense, but they are poisonous to your emotional state of mind. Imagine listening to Corrinne May's emo songs all alone in your dorm room on a wintry night, or watching Love Actually on a lonely Christmas. You'll be at best be very emo, at worst you're preparing the rope to hang yourself with.
Went for Corrinne May's concert last night, at NUS, with SR Barny and JM. We must have been quite a sight, 4 guys going to a concert together. Was very enamoured with her songs, her lyrics paint very vivid imageries and were struck a cord with me so much that I bought the CD. I haven't bought a music CD in ages, just for the record.
Barny was such a groupie, whooping at every song and claimed that Corrine May's husband was the "competition". After the concert, she had a signing session, and Barny practically ran out of the concert hall and ended up being 6th in the line to get his CDs and other stuff autographed. I managed to help him get my CD signed, and when it was SR's turn we took a group photo with her. There was a really long queue for her to autograph, but she was very obliging and nice. Really take my hat off her.
Was having a lot of fun in the fencing chalet from Wed to Fri. For starters, everyone save for adrian and I were late to meet at the appointed time, and we blew budget buying a lot of stuff that in hindsight, was quite unnecessary. The chalet reminded me of a FIBUA village, as it was quite old, but it was nice nevertheless. We rented bicycles, played mahjong and went out for supper at bedok, before watching a very lame movie Heartbreakers starring the gravity defying jennifer love hewitt, after which we turned in at 6 am in the morning.
The next day we wandered around trying to find something to do in first Tampines mall, then white sands then downtown east, failing which, we returned to the chalet and cycled around, checking out the scenery of the changi area, before we returned and prepared the BBQ. I tried to do the fire, but wasn't successful, and adrian took over while I fed twigs to the flame.
We over ordered food, so we had plenty of leftovers, so some of us took it back home or hall. By then, I inhaled too much BBQ fumes and felt so dehydrated and my voice started to become very raspy. I downed a lot of water and went to nap for a while while the rest played burn out. Woke up at 4, played a bit of Big 2, the rest went for breakfast while I stayed behind and played jaga. Packed up and cleared out by 1030, and I dragged my exhausted body home via andrew's car and then a cab.
30 odd days and counting. From now on, all activities I'll be doing will fall into only 2 categories, 1) settling anything London related 2) settling anything outstanding in Singapore. As Nick says, isn't that like everything?

No comments: