Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Such wanderlust

It has been a hectic few days.
National day was spent nua-ing at home, waking up at only 1130H and playing winning eleven for the whole afternoon, before going to watch the parade. Came to the conclusion that a lot of saikang went into the conducting of the parade.
Friday, played board games at Minds cafe with the fencers and watched the jay chou vanity project, err I mean movie thereafter. Played some game that required you to guess the sound of the phrase, which led to many laughs. The movie was surprisingly good, the 2 most prominent females were very attractive as well. The outlandish twist was debated very vigorously by Andrew thereafter, which of course drew a few guffaws. Went out to have supper with Nick at the thomson road prata at 11, got stopped at a roadblock on the way there. Met 4 people I knew at the place.
Saturday I wore my formal best to attend my MO's wedding. It was a simple ceremony, had a chuckle when the priest translated "pauper" as "porter" and called my doctor a professor. Met up with many of my men there, glad to know they're still fighting the good fight in the Organisation.
Couldn't stay long though, as I had to attend the UK pre-departure session. Went there, swooped for all the freebies, networked with the LSE people and looked out of place somewhat in my very formal attire. Went home and rested, jim and nick came over to watch football.
Sunday was parental side lunch, sought advice from 2 cousins who are studying in london as well. Had tea with ben and edwin, and the former told me how to be a match steward.
Monday had a very enjoyable time with Nick as we trekked from labrodor park to kent ridge park to science park II to hwa par villa, taking 92 photos on the way and discovering weird sights, like a mountain biking stunt platform in the middle of nowhere, trying to infiltrate a science park building with a supposed card security system, a boardwalk which you can overlook a nursery of sorts and a model of a tank in kent ridge park. Great cheap healthy fun.
Tuesday started with me driving my siblings to school so I can end up in RJ to certify my certs, which the person signed without even looking at my originals. Came home and slept for 2 hours, then saw an emo message from jim asking people out for lunch, which 5 of us responded. Decided to watch 881 after that, loved it for the Hokkien flavour, but some parts are very draggy though.
Just some reflections on what happened over the last few days
1) I detest long and draggy meetings
2) I am still wary about attending weddings
3) I love going on nature trails, but I need someone who will push me to go
4) I prefer photos of nature than of people
5) I am further strengthened in my belief that the process of wooing a girl isn't supposed to make you sian or unhappy
6) Guys do go a bit off when girls touch their hands
7) Packing is already a very irritating process, but "shadow" packing (my term for "packing" things when you're still using them) is worse
8) Being too emo is not healthy
9) Nua-ing is an activity that feels so good when you're doing it but you'll most definately rue the wasted time in the future
10) I am quite ready
Blogging, the short sharp and sweet way.

No comments: