Monday, September 10, 2007

10092007 2255 BA 0012 T1

And the day has arrived.
I really don't know what to write here.
Maybe I'm just forcing myself to be emo, to write something that can describe what I'm feeling.
In truth, on one hand I'm still coming to terms with the fact that yes, I'm finally leaving, and yet excited by the future ahead of me.
Those numbers and capital letters in bold may just be that, letters and numbers, but they represent something pivotal in my life.
What Mogilan said on his birthday is really right, it's the people in your life that shape your life. And I'm glad to have met great people in my life.
My family, especially my parents who gave me this chance to go overseas to study at their great cost without hesitation, is something I'll miss. If I had decided to study here, I could have just used home as a safety net where I can come back and relax, but there's no such luxury over there. My siblings, whom are now all grown up, have their own lives but still have dinner and lunch together and start chatting about everything. I'm really glad that they'll all so sensible, so much so my parents can hands off on their parenting. And my grandparents, who have watched me grow up, I'll miss them a lot, for they have been such a big part in my life since I was a small boy.
As for friends, the Guys, with whom I have been friends with for a good part of my sec school, JC and army times. All the times we hiked, camped, cooked, played, talked cock, organised stuff, went for random entertainment activities together, is just a testament of our friendship. How many people who met in sec school meet up so regularly (about once every 2 weeks) until this day? And how about that funny tradition we have of waiting for everyone before we start a meal? I think these two things themselves speak volumes of our friendship.
Fencers, somehow this year we met up a lot, and we had a great time as well. What with going to Hong Kong, or having a chalet, or just meeting up for mahjong or watching VCDs, it's been great knowing and hanging out with you guys. There's always so much fun and laughter and good natured teasing when we're together.
To my 4D classmates, I must admit I didn't really make an effort to keep in contact in JC and army, but now I realise that it was a very bad mistake. We had some memorable times in RI, all the times playing football, copying homework and basically being 16 year olds. Even now, although it's only a select bunch of us, but we do still meet up and laugh at each other once in a while. Was with them when we sent Barney off, he very nearly teared, I could feel he was holding back. He thanked everyone for coming, hugged everyone, and went off through those gates. The others were joking about, saying things like "hey he's finally gone!" but I know deep inside they are just coping with it by cracking jokes. I wondered then, what will I feel when I walk through those gates, I guess I'll find out tomorrow.
To all the other people I know, thanks to you. Unknowingly or knowingly, you somehow shaped my life and values. I wouldn't be the person I am if not for your contribution. I am truly, truly, truly blessed to have all of you in my life. Although I know a majority of you won't read this, but I will still say it. Thanks, from the bottom of my heart.
Leaving isn't going to be easy. But I'm ready.
London, here I come.
To all that I'm leaving behind, don't worry.
I will be back.
See you again.
Till then, all the best.

No comments: