Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Rebirth begins through destruction

This is the tagline for the new Gundam series, Gundam OO (double O). It looks good and hope it doesn't disappoint like Seed Destiny. But looks like the only way I can watch it would be on a certain website.
Am now doing a Corrine May marathon, haven't felt anything yet, looks like her ability to induce an emo mood does not work in a foreign country.
Met Crystal for tea on Sat, prior to that I walked down oxford street. Bad mistake, as the main shopping artery was like orchard road during GSS times 10. Fought my way through, managed to get to Primark, which was worse. The place was flooded with people. I just went in and checked out some of the prices, before getting out and caught a bus to Notting Hill as the central line was down for repairs over the weekend. Went past Hyde park, which was very nice in the sunshine. Had tea, then Crystal let me loose in Portobello market, which I felt was Chatuchak, only more expensive and it went only a straight line, something like HK's ladies' market. Saw a few interesting stuff, plus the prices were not as crazy as it is in central London. Hopped on the tube back to hall. Was quite bucked with myself as I managed the whole journey without getting lost or getting off at the wrong stop.
Spent Sunday at the Thames festival, saw a lot of stuff, like peregrine falcons on the top of the Tate Modern, interesting architecture, and other stuff. Had vegetarian Pad Thai noodles for lunch for 3.50 pounds from some riverside stall, and it was the nicest meal I had, as I haven't had asian food ever since I came to London. The highlight was the fireworks display. They shot fireworks from barges in the middle of the river between 2 bridges, which was really breathtaking. I was at the centre of 1 of the bridges, so I could see everything well and was left slack jawed.
Nick finally flew in today. Spent today helping him settle in and bringing him and his MOE entourage along, which somehow took up the whole day. We wanted to watch football in the TV room, but sadly they didn't have the channel.
It's going to be a week soon in London, and it sure doesn't feel like it. And so far, one of the things I wanted to ensure when I get here was not to be too relaxjack and make an effort to know my way around without relying on someone else navigating. I had it with horlan-ing because of me not making the effort to check out the route before I leave.
And yeah, I shouldn't focus on the dream. She's back in Singapore and fighting the good fight, while I'm here doing the same.

No comments: