Saturday, September 15, 2007

Living it up

It feels like a whole week has already passed me by, but it really has only been 3 days! So much has happened, and everything is so new and exciting that it's rather exhausting to list everything out. Shall be brief and to the point then.
Orientation is fun, it's nice to meet people from other countries and listen to them tell me about themselves. They seem to be quite interested in the fact that I served NS before I came over, and most of the undergraduates are younger than me. Also they do have many different mannerisms and things about them that makes it so fascinating. Although it's hard to get over the initial inertia to try and get to know a person, once you get into the groove of it it's quite easy.
One thing I don't quite get is that everyone speaks with an accent, even the Asians. I found it quite weird at first, then I subconsciously speak in an accent as a result as well.
Went on the boat ride, saw loads of sights, felt very much like a tourist. Also the walking around is actually quite easy, apart from the fact that it's a big city with many lanes and things to see and it's easy to horlan, which alvin and I did on the 1st day due to an inaccurate map. Their MRT runs everywhere and it's so expansive that you cannot just try to whack, as that may result in you ending up in the countryside.
The worse thing is that everything is damn expensive. Many people warned me about this, but didn't realise how bad it is until I got here. As a result, I end up eating a lot of cold sandwiches from supermarkets, but ongbak is more pro than me, he bought a loaf of bread to keng.
I guess that's all from me. First weekend in London, but I have no idea where to go. Shall go check out on where to go.

No comments: