Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Phoenix down

The last week was 1 of the most harrowing of my life. My wife gave up on me on a sunny tues morning, which sent me into a very depressive state. In the end, after many exasperating phonecalls I did my own explorative surgery on her and after throwing a few phoenix downs on it she came back to life today. But she is now only surviving on 500mb of RAM until the transplant comes from singapore via yangqi.
I realised how dependent I was on my wife and how despondent I can get when she was incapacitated. Good thing I managed to load everything on the external hard drive before I reformatted. So now things are in a clean slate, hopefully it'll stay that way.
Otherwise, life has been fun. Playing ultimate frisbee in blustery conditions in Hyde Park, going to Ikea which is in zone 3, way out in the suburbs which is very unlike central London, queueing for 2 and a half hours for enrollment, going to the British Musuem and seeing a very nice katana blade (eat your heart out adrian) and remembering my sec 1 history by looking at the indus civilisation artifacts.
Classes started today, did myself no favours in the EU law tutorial by saying that Switzerland is an EU country. Not quite used to not having handouts for lectures, sometimes I can't get down everything the lecturer said and have to copy from the person next to me. I pity the person next to me though, she said she couldn't read my handwriting and I must admit my handwriting has really gone south.
Back to school after 3 years in the wilderness. The time of settling in is over, time to work the brain. At least at the end of the day, there's Jim's english (if you can call it that) to entertain me.
And poor Jose Mourinho. We were watching the match on TV and was shcoked that he left. And there were plenty of empty seats in the stadium! We did contemplate going to Stamford Bridge to watch but it was 36 pounds (x3 for SGD) a ticket. Super expensive. Let's hope we can get the 10 pound tickets for the Carling Cup match of Arsenal vs Newcastle.

No comments: