Thursday, September 06, 2007

Impending

The last few days were a real blur, filled with frantic packing and buying of stuff, all in preparation with my date with that aeroplane come next mon.
Hit the IT fair on thursday, checking out all the good stuff without buying much at first, trying to get the best deals. Walked from 1330 to 1830, before dinner with Nick at Carl's Juniors.
Friday we went trekking again, from upper peirce to lower seletar. Wasn't as exciting as the previous one, but it was as usual filled with nonsense chatter and nice sights.
Saturday had lunch with a old classmate, who said I have levelled up haha. But ate some dodgy lunch, thus had a very queasy stomach for the rest of the day. Had tea with the King's Law people, had a lot of fun talking to them, getting to know each other. Dinner was good stuff at canton wok with my grandparents.
Sunday, hit the IT fair early with my dad to buy all the outstanding stuff. And that started a whole packing frenzy, what with my obsession of putting all the clothes in ziploc bags ala ikea flat pack style, to the frantic buying of essentials, washing and sunning of stuff, making rounds at various places for various reasons, my life being governed by pieces of paper with scribbles on them and a whole of stuff strewn all over my floor in my desperate attempt for order. All this left me with little energy or time to really blog, and even less time to mull over my impending departure.
Thus I shall spend some precious time here to do so now. 1 suitcase has been packed, most of the stuff I've got already, and all that's left is admin, and all the farewell gatherings.
I'll miss a lot of things here in Singapore, the food, the sun, chinese radio, the greenery, the early morning chirping of birds, the busy road next to my home, the libraries and their abundant books, the friends, the family, the home.
When I decided to go UK, 2 years back, I remember saying to myself, "I can leave everything behind." That is still true, all I need to do is to just forsake all thoughts of my island home and move on.
But "can" is not the same as "will". I'm sure that there'll be a freezing winter night where I'm cold and having a running nose feeling hungry trying to mug something and everyone else in hall has gone home for Christmas. These nights are the nights your mind will start to wander and miss home, but I know they'll pass. After all, this is the path I chose to trod, and I'm determined to see it out.
Still, there are things I'll definately miss. Friendship, especially those who have lasted so long already, and family members, who are so important to me. I guess it's hard for me to articulate what I feel on a public blog, but you know who you are la (if you actually bother to read this blog you probably fall under this category) Thanks for the good times, the laughs I've shared with you, the times you laughed at me, or the times I was laughed at by you guys, the times when I kaobehed to you etc. You get the drift.
If you want to send me off, flight details are 100907, BA0012 2255 T1.
Wonder how I'll feel that day. I told myself not to get emotional, as there will be 2 girls on the same flight as me and I don't want to lose face, but who knows what will happen then. We'll let it see how it goes then.
Till my departure then. Let me make this last 5 days in Singapore memorable.

No comments: