Saturday, January 17, 2004

Don't leave me alone with the maddening crowd

My birthday came and went. I am now 18 years old, the legal age to drink and drive (not at the same time). I had 3 cakes, 2 from O-team, 1 from my kindest OG. I had a collage of notes given to me and a small something as well.
But it all didn't matter in the end.
It's amazing what one sentence can do to another person.
It's now 12 am, and I'm feeling that profound sense of loneliness again. It comes and goes, especially when I'm fed up with handling annoymous 3rd party data ie homework. Sometimes I just feel like to talking to someone, just to alleviate this feeling. Sometimes this feeling consumes me so much that I start writing poems, or start blabbering to myself in the death of the night.
I wonder how many of you ever feel this way, where you do so much yet once you stop being busy, you feel that your life is empty. You do so much yet when you go home exhausted your family doesn't understand what you go through. Thankfully my parents are very supportive about what I do, trusting me to make correct choices, only nagging me to sleep earlier etc.
I sincerely wish that at the end of the day, I can come home exhausted, but at least I know there is someone willing to hear me out, and I'll do the same likewise for that person.
Sighz, who am I kidding?
I guess the maddening crowd got me before you did.

No comments: