Friday, March 26, 2004

We had joy, we had fun, we had seasons in the sun, but the stars we could reach were just starfish on the beach

Really long post, you've been warned.
Well, before I had a chance to start on this entry, my parents barged in and demanded to know what I was doing. And then they started to ask many weird questions about what was I typing. I had to beat them off with evasive answers.
In any case, let's get on to the subject of the matter. Common tests are over! But I know I'm going to be machamed by my tutors when I get back the results. Crossing my fingers on bio and econs, maths was a disater. I thought 7 questions, how hard is that, I was totally wrong. Got destroyed and conned. Saw that 4 marks were awarded for just using trapezium rule made me suspicious. I thought, this is rj, they don't give people marks just for applying formula. I thought wrong. Argh.
Anyways, went out with the class later, it was quite comical to tell the truth, we went to lido, then PS because the girls wanted to watch my girl while the guys wanted to watch the eye 2. In the end, at PS, 4 of the guys splintered cell to watch the eye2, while the rest stayed till 7 for my girl, the stragglers went home. I splintered cell to play Time Crisis 2&3, then returned to the rest to take my first ever neoprint. (Stop those sniggers in the background, it's rude)
Thursday, class outing, organised at 2230h the previous night after some very furious smsing. 8 of us went to sentosa, with a few mishaps here and there. For one, I got rather fed up with answering the question "who's going" over and over again on sms. In any case, I had my kunch a little late, thus I got that 30 mins after the 12 o'clock situpulated meeting time. Which was just as well, as expected, most of them were late, especially alina (very expected). Shiming was complaining about how was at harbourfront at 1150h. While we waited for the others, we played bridge as we waited the rain out. In the end, the people came, we went to harbourfront centre for lunch, and the girls bought a cake and we creamed birthday boy boon kwan. Yangqi and keng piang was quite cunning because they gave bk a cup of cream to put on the cake, and when he laid down his defences, they took another cup of cream and did their worst. I was trying to convince al about the merits of counterstrike and GTA: Vice City.
The sky finalyl cleared and we took a bus over to the island, playing bridge along the way. We got to siloso beach, played a bit of football, before we threw bk into a hole dug by the girls and buried him, and tau poked him. Then we washed the sand off him by throwing him into the sea. How fun. I was the second one to go in. Fortunately I was prepared for that.
We then played a bit of water polo, then yq threw my shirt on a high rock, and when we finally got it back after some difficulty, we punished him by chucking him into the sea. As crystal puts it, we just took turns to throw each other into the sea. The guys that is. We also buried boon seer's slippers, who then spent 10 minutes looking for them. Quite amusing.
Finally, we rented some bikes and cycled along the beach, both siloso and palawan. Kp is a danger on the road, I must say, he had 4 near collisions and shiming nearly killed a lizard by running it over.
The girls had to return their bikes earlier as they rented them earlier, thus the guys just went a few more rounds before returning them and going to bathe. We found the girls looking at turtles outside underwater world and getting temporary tattoos. Finally we got a bus and went back to mainland. Bought G1 #3, Jetfire looks real cool in the comic, Bumblebee gets the Rodimus treatment (like i care), and the return of omega supreme. Finally. As usual cannot wait for #4.
Friday was quite stone for me. But, if you are a regular reader of my blog, you would know I have very, and i mean very, weird dreams, especially so if they are the lucid type. I had a really weird dream that night, real off the charts material. I'll try to recall it here.
First of all, I vaguely remember that I was having soemthing like o-prep in school, until someone called me to buy some stuff needed for something. Then somehow, kp myself and winston boarded a blue car and kp was driving. Damm weird. We reached a people's park-esque shopping centre, and we parked in a multi-storey carpark. After we got what we came for, (this part is rather hazy), we wanted to leave, but we felt small earth shakes, and somehow or another I found out a T-Rex was outside the shopping centre's carpark. We had to leave by the back door in order to avoid the dinosaur. It does not end there though, we went to a prison and to a cell with energy bars, and a bald headed guy was talking some nonsense about his pet T-Rex being unleashed from this cell. Inside with him was, bizzarely enough, jolin tsai, taiwanese popstar for the ignorant, and suddenly I was talking to her, eating a pack of potato chips (the orange packet type). She was lamenting that she was very lonely, then I suddenly grabbed her hands with my soiled hands, proposing to her. Uber-weirdness... At this part it got too weird for me so I woke up. Anyone knows what all that meant?
Anyways, got up, found out there is practically nothing to do at home, no games nothing. Chatted with al for a while, then had lunch and decided to continue my ill fated quest for transformers: anhilation book. Found nothing in both borders and kinokuniya, proceeded to cineleisure wanting to play time crisis again, then met up with edwin, junseng, alvin and mogilan.
We stoned in burger king talking cock as usual, ("small talk with alvin") listening to mogilan's outtakes, and eventually I grew to tire of their interogation, and we made our way to the arcade, where I teamed with alvin on time crisis 2. He took a few bullets for me (haha), We got all the way to the final boss, forgot that you have to shoot the wings of the satellites first, in the end died due to time, an embarassing first. We then parted ways, not after I koped mogilan's sticker when he donated 10 cents to some charity. Muhahaha...
Well, that was a very nice and somewhat relaxing 2 days. Still have to do some work though, I'll try to do some tommorrow. Anyways, although I thought she was weird at first, but al's mail made some sense, the time we have as a class is not getting any longer, we have only half a year left. I wish I could I reproduce her mail here, but I fear a whacking so I shall refrain. Sure, the guys, especially the gang of four can really irritate the hell out of anyone, but hey, guys will be guys, and like I've got to learn how to compromise for the girls, they have done so too, albeit to a lesser and more grudging extent.
What a super long entry. I think this will do for sometime. After this short rest it's full throttle again. And med fac is pulling a few rabbits out of our yellow hat, med fac people look forward to that. Coming to a lecture theatre near you.
Anyways, at the end of the day (voted worst cliche, used all the time by footballers and managers on the EPL highlights show), I go to sleep.

No comments: