Sunday, February 18, 2007

I find your lack of faith disturbing..

For some strange reason, I've strained my right shoulder muscle and it has been hurting for a week already. I suspect it's another casualty from that very ill-fated rollerblading session. Repairing my K750i's screen cost me $125. Very expensive lesson learnt.
Went K with adrian and fabian on friday. It was supposed to be a rollerblading session but that lasted like 10 mins, the same amount of time it took for adrian to blade 1 round around the east coast macs and for fab and me to use the macs toilet. YJC was having its cross country there, hence the large posse of people. Adrian chauffeured us to parkway where I killed chickens for 3 hours, before retiring home.
To people who read this, happy CNY to you all! My last in Singapore for the next 3 years I guess, will probably pseudo-celebrate it next year via a webcam. Shall enjoy the experience of visiting tomorrow.
And I frittered away $36 of hard earned money on wed night. Never again.
Like Nick, I kinda stalled on my plans for an exciting 2007. It was supposed to be filled with exciting work experiences and the time in between I was to learn many skills and read a lot of stuff and hopefully exercise to get IPPT silver. I've managed a few objectives, like my Japanese language classes are going on well; work is fun, exciting and insightful; been reading plenty of books, but when it comes to those activities which require great amount of self discipline, which are normally those activities during the free periods between work, I tend to nap, watch TV or just idle away.
Got to stop the rot. Must make an effort to maximise my free time. Many of my friends in uni tell me I should enjoy this free period in my life, as uni you'll be less free. Thanks to them, I'm reminded that I shouldn't sit on my ass for too long.
Somehow, their reminders have a very sobering effect on me. I'm already 21, once I enter uni and complete it, I'll be 23-24. Then it's time to get a job, be financially independent, get married, have kids, work for their future then retire. Not much time for yourself.
I'm grateful for their words as it serves as a very important reminder for me to go seize the day. It'll do me a world of good to heed them.

No comments: