Thursday, February 22, 2007

Red Storm

It has been a very good Chinese New Year.
Saturday had a class reunion lunch at PS cartel, but I refused to pay for their 10% service charge so I ate at home before going. It ended up being more like a RI reunion as there were no girls and the only non RI guy did not turn up. Reunion dinner was nice for the company but not the food, was rather appalled to realise my bro blew 124 bucks in Topman for his outfit, especially after I tsked at some JC kids in that very same shop the day before when I went to get my phone. Watched Man Utd waste chance after chance to beat Reading until 330 am.
Visiting started late again, but somehow it didn't feel draggy. Still, I was half asleep half awake thanks to the late night before, so I kinda zombied through my last visiting for the next few years.
The second day of CNY brought me to Sing Yong's house, and I forgot to bring mandarins. Anyway, we played 3 rounds of mahjong, won a considerable sum, which I would blow very quickly over the next 3 days. After which rushed home for dinner, before heading to bishan for a fencer's outing to see adrian off. We met at bishan and was driven to the thomson prata place by adrian, after which we went to his house to play mahjong and poker. Andrew provided a lot of soundbites and plenty of moments of merriment, especially when he related on his experience on how to take a photo while on a rollercoaster and on how good is he in mahjong as he had honed his skills by playing it on his phone. The best was when he told us with a straight face on how to not get caught running a red light by the red light camera. He said, you have to inch forward slowly across the line, as the camera only detects the change in magnetic flux, which prompted us to ask adrian to try. Sadly enough we couldn't prove the theory as adrian showed a lack of faith in his friend's words and unsportingly refused. I left early as I had tuition the next day, apparently they played poker all the way till the morning.
Day 3 was tuition in the morning, then father side dinner in the evening. Woke up at 0400H to watch Man Utd vs Lille, I thought another thai walkout will happen. Rushed to a primary school in Jurong for work, zombied through it, was amused by the cute pri 3 kids. Went home and napped, had another session of tuition before retiring at 9 thanks to the sleep debt accumulated over the last few days. Went back to my alma mater today for a job interview, will be teaching there for 3.5 weeks. And it is also world's scouts' day and Murugan's birthday. Had a nice dinner with the guys in an Indian restaurant at clarke quay. Had a fun time talking cock and laughing as usual.
Amid these busy and activity filled days, there has been precious little time for me to think or mope. I guess being busy is the best way to ensure that I stop worrying about things I shouldn't worry about.

No comments: