Friday, April 23, 2004

Of squishing fishballs

Today was a day of altered plans. My notion of a quiet lazy afternoon at home having a nap, mugging a bit and listening to cyndi wang on the radio was turned upside down quite quickly.
It started halfway through mona's lesson, when she was busying herself with answering a question by one of my classmates, I casually remarked to chee keong if his kill bill vol. 2 has finished "ahem". His reply was negative, but crystal pointed out that it opened yesterday and it was rated M-18, both of which was news to me. So I asked around a bit for people who wanted to watch next week, but not many people were keen or underage. After lunch at ghim moh, I was supposed to go home, but decided to stone in delifrance with esther for a while, hoping she could teahc me complex numbers. As it turns out, once she got there, I took out my tutorial and she happily told me she hasn't done it yet. So I took out my biotech tutorial, decided to do some of it then leave after her tutor arrives. Then she suddenly exclaims she wants to watch kill bill before going for dance night. I thought she was jesting, as she ends tuition at 1630 and it was near impossible for us to watch the movie and go for dance night on time. But being herself, she took the free newspaper at delifrance and checked the timings. In the end, she negotiated with her tutor to cut her tuition by half, and we went to lido to catch the 1615 show.
The show was nice, but vol 1 was more exhilarating, (I'm not supposed to have seen vol. 1 though), vol 2 focused more on plot, and Bai Mei guy was a tad hilarious as he kept on brsuhing his beard. The squishing fishball image will stay in my head for some time.
Ok, tommorrow is fencing camp, last hurray. It was good while it lasted.

No comments: