Wednesday, April 07, 2004

That fine line

This has been a topic that has been nagging me for quite a while. It seems that our lives are governed by this fine line we all have to tread on each day. Reading the papers about service expectations in singapore, it seems people define good service as going the extra mile for the customer, but for those in the serivce industry, is it really worth it? They don't get paid extra time for their extra million miles. And yet people still expect them to accomodate their every whim. I think it is quite unfair to service personel, but having said that, I don't really like the idea of having a sour faced person serve me, but I say there is this fine line we have to tread.
We want to be helpful, like clearing plates for others, but you run the risk of becoming a doormat.
You are honourable and want to do things the right way, not cheat, but you risk lagging behind others who laugh at your stupidity.
Everyday poses us more fine lines to walk on, some thinner than gossamer.
Tread lightly.

(I'm damm sleepy at 9)

No comments: