Thursday, April 15, 2004

Rain

1) For the want of it. NOW and A LOT of it.
2) The reason for me being labelled endangered.

Which reminds me, for the RJC people who did question 12 on CCAs for GP, yangqi was presenting this question during GP on tuesday, and he said that CCAs are important as they help you expand your social circle and thus when you grow up you have a social network to be tapped. Mrs toh commented that this was "cold and calculating", I say there is some truth in it.
Personally, I think the short 2 years we have in JC are the cause of such a mentality. It is essentially just 1.5 years, when you do some chopping and cutting. As a result, I think it is hard to make very good friends, as the time spent together is very much shorter as compared to secondary schools 4 years. Therefore, we try to make the most of the time spent, but it ends up being too little. Thus we cannot elevate friendships to a higher level above accquaintances at times, thus we are more likely to think of social networking. I'm not the only one who shares such a view, but then it is just my opinion on things and should not be taken as gospel.
Quote of the week: "My preference is that Manchester United loses the rest of their matches. But they are facing Leicester, Portsmouth and Blackburn. For those who do not understand what I am talking about, GO GET A LIFE!" Mr Sowden, while econs s lecture, explaining preference maximisation which consitutes welfare may not be fufilled.

No comments: