Monday, July 12, 2004

The constants in my life

For starters, Crystal will do blindingly well in anything that has a semblance of a test or exam or quiz. I have emprical evidence to prove this. Any deviation from the trend of excellence is just a fluke.
The countdown begins. 7 weeks and decreasing. Urge to mug: Minimal. Attitude: Lazy. Course of action: Suicidal. Result: Unfufiled potential.
Speaking of which, G1 #6 was a flat in my opinion. Jetfire blabs a lot about Sunstorm, how he is some fusion bomb waiting to go off etc, but I couldn't really get the mumbo-jumbo. In any case, Sunstorm gets up like the Terminator again after being blasted by Starscream's null rays, but starts to disintegrate due to the interference of the gunk he fell into. He goes mad, and eventually jetfire dukes it out in midair with him, before grabbing him and flying off into space where along with Sunstorm he gets blasted to bits. In other words, Jetfire bought it. But first rule of comics, if we don't see a body, he's not dead. And with the relatively immortal transformers, their death is about as final as day of our lives. Well, at least this story arc made me like Jetfire, but the story has more holes than swiss cheese so i hope they resolve it soon. Anyway next we have the badass Sideswipe and Sunstreaker vs the Insecticons. Let the squishing begin.
Oh yah, and apparently Chee Keong told me that people actually complain that I write about transformers here and it pisses them off. Hmm, I wonder if it ever occured to them this is my blog, and they are not forced to read what I write. Besides, surely you do not begrudge me the opportunity to let off my fanboy-ism here, rather than let it bottle in me and fester until I start spouting lines like "one shall stand, one shall fall" while playing tennis or pool, or worse, bringing a saturn like object into an exam hall and start trying to open it while shouting "now, light our darkest hour!"
Gee, lay off me will ya? Everyone has a hobby, mine is just more unusual.
Anyway, once the live action movie comes out, there will be more people jumping on the transformers bandwagon, and those "fans" who won't know their skywarp from thundercracker will get the full blast from me. Just like those people who panned the Spider-Man movie just because there was not much action. Once again, no respect for the material.
Like I always said, there is just this allure of transforming robots. In addition to that, here is a civil war with a limited number of soliders, each of them having a very distinct personality. The complexities of the issues go far beyond giant robots smasing each other silly.
Anyway, I've gotten immune to all the stuff thrown at me. All I can say is, Happy 20th Anniversary Transformers, it's been a long haul but it's still going strong. May we have more enthralling storylines.
Just a random thought: Maybe it'll be nice to name my future son Optimus. Haha. If my future wife would let me.
I guess to escape this world where every day is just another carbon copy of another, it's nice to have some little distractions to make it worth looking forward to tommorrow.

No comments: